The Board of Management, the Board of Governors and Staff of Kilkenny College
cordially invite Parents to join them for
Friday 13th October 2017 at 1:45 p.m. sharp
The Willoughby Hall, Kilkenny College
CAPTAIN JONATHAN LYNCH
IRISH AIR CORPS
(Captain Lynch was a member of the Class of 2001)
Refreshments in the Dining Hall at 3.30 p.m.
Our Prize Day is one of the key public days which allows us to project the excellent work done here to parents, visitors and the wider community.
1st Round of offers for Boarding Places for entry to 1st Form at Kilkenny College are being posted on the 3rd October, 2017. Closing date for acceptance or withdrawal for these offers is Tuesday 10th October 2017.
Subsequent Boarding places, if available, will be offered on Monday 16th October 2017.
1st Round of Day Pupil Places for entry to 1st Form at Kilkenny College are being posted on the 12th October, 2017. Closing date for acceptance or withdrawal for these offers is Friday 20th October, 2017.
Subsequent Day Pupil places, if available, will be offered on Tuesday 24th October.
NOVICE COMPETITIO N
01. Kilkenny College - white team.
02. Kilkenny College - red team.
03. Ard Scoil na Mara, Tramore.
04. CBS Kilkenny
05. Gorey Community School.
06. Newbridge College - black team.
07. Loreto Wexford / Bridgetown VS / Saint Mary’s, New Ross.
08. Scoil Mhuire, Trim - red team.
09. Scoil Mhuire, Trim - navy team.
Followed by the Novice Individual Competition.
Followed by the White Cup.
THE WHITE CUP 2017.
01. Kilkenny College -white team.
02. Newbridge College - black team.
03. St Leo’s Carlow / Borris Vocational School.
04. Loreto Secondary School, Clonmel.
05. Presentation Secondary School, Kilkenny - green team.
06. Newbridge College - white team.
07. Saint Declan’s, Kilmacthomas.
08. Borris Vocational School - wine team.
09. Ramsgrange Community School, County Wexford - TBC.
Second Course Walk.
10. Wesley College.
11. Gorey Community School.
12. Saint Kieran’s College - black team.
13. Loreto Kilkenny - blue team.
14. Good Counsel College, New Ross - blue team.
15. Borris Vocational School - grey team.
16. Presentation Secondary School, Kilkenny - black team.
17. Saint Mary’s Sec School, New Ross.
18. Kilkenny College - red team.
Followed by the Open Individual competition.
All enquiries to Paul Cuddihy, 087-2618927.
Just a reminder that you can listen to some examples of work from our music department on the music page which can be found under the 'Extra Curricular' drop down on our menu. Or alternatively you can click here to go direct to the music page.
The latest piece of work updated this week is;
Beauty and the Beast, Music by Alan Menken, sung by George Akaehomen, accompanied Ian Sexton. Recorded 14th September 2017.
Kilkenny College will hold our Open Days for enrolments into Form 1 in 2019 on the following dates:-
10th September 2018 - Monday
9:15 a.m. Open Day for Boarder Boys
11th September 2018- Tuesday
9:15 a.m. Open Day for Boarder Girls
13th September 2018 - Thursday
9:15 a.m. Open Day for Day Pupils – Session 1, 1:15 p.m. Open Day for Day Pupils – Session 2
Closing date for receipt of applications for 2019 Academic Year is 1st September 2018
Kilkenny College Open Days are by invitation only to those families who have submitted a completed official Application Form / Intention to Enrol Form
Families are invited to attend the Open Day which includes:
A presentation by the Headmaster outlining:
o The ethos of Kilkenny College,
o The daily schedule,
o The facilities of the College,
o The staff,
o The subjects taught,
o The co-curricular programme,
o The Transition Year programme,
o Career Guidance,
o Academic standards and achievements
Information on Grants from the Administrator of the Secondary Education Committee.
A Tour of the College accompanied by a member of staff and a Prefect.
Refreshments in the Dining Hall and a chance to meet members of staff.